Was Lawrence Shankland the answer to Rangers 3rd striker "debate"?

Originally published at: https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/was-lawrence-shankland-to-answer-to-rangers-3rd-striker-debate/

One-time reported Rangers target Lawrence Shankland has hit another double as he continues his fine goalscoring form for Dundee United. Shankland hit both goals – and had a penalty saved – as Dundee United defeated Dunfermline 2-0 to maintain their strong start to the season. They’ve won all three games and sit top of the…

Yes thy should and play a a442 with the buffalo

inferior league inferior player, no European or top flight experience, we keep bringing players in who have more experience but fail…Lafferty, Grezda, etc. We need top players not lower league players. Guys like Aribo play in low leagues in England but they are at a much higher standard than Scotland.

I take Parlane’s point, but nobody who can improve out team is going to move to Ibrox as a third striker.
So either we get someone who is confident that they can take No 1 striker jersey, or we take someone who will patiently wait their turn. We don’t know if Shankland was approached or not. We are only guessing.
For me, and I have been saying this for more than 6 months, he could have been offered a 3 yr contract on circa £150k and be told look at Morelos - 3 payrises in a year. But you have to earn them by delivering. If he fails, we lose approx £500k or 6 months of Pena’s wages, until we punt him to another SPL or Championship team. If he succeeds, we have won a watch.
I hope SG has a good alternative. Mind you, I thought he should have signed Halkett for CB and Gerrard has probably/possible improved that position beyond Halkett. Still think we should bring in Killie LB though.

Announce Taylor ASAP for me