Steven Gerrard insists Ibrox is the 'right place' for Rangers' Joe Aribo

Originally published at: https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/rangers-gerrard-aribo-right-place/

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard has insisted that Joe Aribo is in the “right place” after he came in for criticism for choosing to join the Gers – and pointed to his debut goal for Nigeria as proof that he made the right move. Charlton boss Lee Bowyer was one of a number of critics who…

Lee Bowyer was, in my opinion, frustrated that Aribo chose Rangers due to the fact that he missed out on more money if he went to an English side. I don’t believe he was worried about his development.

Totally agree with Rob. I hope Aribo can strengthen our team and we make progress maybe win a cup or the league or progress in Europe after Christmas. It is early days as yet. I am a pessimist and always look for fault and how we can strengthen. Worried at results so far and worried that Middleton and Hastie have been loaned out. Also worried we have no back up striker and that Ojo is no better than what has gone out on loan, However there is always the January window. As for Aribo he has talent but I think the manager needs to find a place in the team for him where he can flourish and get the best out of him, same as Kamara undoubted he is a player but where do you get the best out of him. No point having good players where team gets chopped and changed and players get frustrated about their role in the team. However good players should be able to adapt.