SPFL chief to seek discussion with Rangers interim chairman Park

Originally published at: https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/spfl-chief-to-seek-discussion-with-rangers-interim-chairman-park/

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster has suggested he will seek out talks with Rangers interim chairman Douglas Park in the wake of Tuesday’s EGM, as quoted by the Daily Record. A resolution put forward by the Gers, Hearts and Stranraer calling for an independent investigation into the governing body’s April ballot to end the lower-league…

As you can see the SPFL are all smiles they kicked our asses as the evidence was as I suspected hearsay. Now they want to meet as they are back in the driving seat. As I said money where your mouth is, not going to happen. Futile, laughable, amateurish, these three come to mind. So the management have made us the laughing stock of football thanks guys. We did not get the support and we never will as these teams are fed up having no money. Nothing will happen with this as Rangers don’t have the money or the appetite to see this through. They were an enemy before we have just ensured, going forward we will get absolutely no help ever again from the SPFL. Handled like true amateurs, we might as well be a junior club.

I disagree. There are serious concerns which have to be raised.
-Why was Dundee’s vote not counted? It was sent within the time limit, I believe (Gerry Britton @ Partick is a lawyer) that is is valid when sent electronically, not when read.
-Why were Dundee permitted to change their vote? Were all other clubs contacted and told they could change their vote?
-Why were clubs given 48 hours to vote when the SPFL constitution guarantees them substantially longer?
-Why were no alternative methods of financially supporting clubs examined, such as making end of season payments on the basis of the worst possible outcome for the club with a secondary payment upon conclusion of the season?
-Why were clubs told this was impossible when there is evidence that money has been advanced before?
-Why is it OK to relegate Hearts and promote Dundee Utd, but not allow Kelty Hearts a playoff?

-Why was Peter Liewell allowed to address the meeting when he had no place there?
-Why does Rangers paying for an independent investigation invalidate it but Doncaster paying for one doesn’t? Because it was too restricted to be considered independent, perhaps?
-If SPFL represent and answer to all clubs, why the sustained attacks upon Rangers request for an investigation?

I could go on, but to summarise, did you ever believe Rangers would get any help from the SPFL anyway? Honestly, did you? Really?

1 Like

I agree 100% Skibadly these points are absolutely valid. The SPFL was never going to allow anyone to review their systems or protocols. They want to run it their way, and none of the teams has a say. Liewell will continue to interfere as he is allowed to do so by the board. I will say this again if you want to make the SPFL sit up. A group of clubs share the costs, all the ones that feel they have a case. Share the cost the place is the department of public prosecutions make a legal case out of this. If they feel that the SPFL id guilty of Conduct Unbecoming, Bullying, Misrepresentation, Unprofessional conduct, to mention a few.

Then the Procurator Fiscal is the place to go. Otherwise, you have nothing and the great unwashed at the Peadodrome are laughing at us. The only place to settle this is in court and its the only way you will get a fair crack of the whip going forward. We have just made our enemy stronger by a half-hearted attempt to make them answer. We relied on the other teams support. They are too busy taking care of their own problems most of them financial. All the points you raise above are valid, we need to ask Rangers and the other clubs that were hard done by how they feel do they have an appetite to take on the SPFL.

If they don’t we will be back to square one next season with Celtic pulling all the strings from the back again. With no serious challenge to the SPFL they will carry on as they have always done. Sorry to disappoint friend.