Scotland and Clarke

I listened to the Scotland game the other night. Pre-match, on both Clyde 1 and BBC Scotland, every single person was bumming up Clarke as if he is/was some sort of Fergie or Walter standard manager.
All of the pundits championed Tierney (sp) at left of a back 3.
All of them backed Marshall.
Then the match comes, and he lines up thus:
Ignores McLaughlin, THE form keeper in Scotland, probably Britain, in goals for (I think) 5 games of a 6 game run of clean sheets. Instead opts for Marshall, a guy who hadn’t kicked a ball in months.
As predicted, Tierney (sp) left of a back three. McTominay , a centre mid, in there with him.
Forrest the out and out winger at right wing back, ie alone and therefore primarily a defender.
SEVEN centre mids started the game. I know it’s a strong position for us, but ffs how much white lightning was the fud on when he thought that was a good plan?
To be fair to him I think he made the correct choice playing Dykes up front, but to me this was one of very few good decisions.
Clarke gets WAY too much praise. Personally I think he’s gash. He’s clearly a hefty swally merchant. And he’s reeking of Timothy, which I suppose explains the media almost ejaculating at the mere mention of him.
In my opinion he’s not going to be in that job for long because we’re already on the back foot and struggling against teams we should be disposing of. The bulk of our players have also been back playing for several weeks now, so we can’t blame fitness.

3 Likes

Clarke bores me to death Dennis listening to him sends me to sleep, his dourness reflects through the team.

Israel aren’t exactly a Belgium or a Germany so should be beating these teams that are around the same level as Scotland at home.

All i can say is, if that was McLeish in charge of that draw he would have been kicked from pillar to post to the four corners of the Scottish Media world, but with Clarke, hardly a ripple.
That tells it’s own story.

3 Likes

Bang on @DollysBraes

1 Like

I agree Clarke should be doing better he has Premier players sitting on the bench an uses players like Forrest who never ran past a player all night. He has one more chance if the Czechs beat us its curtains

2 Likes

Another poor performance under Clarke, absolute dire and lucky to scrape a win over the Czech Republic second 11.
The only positive was a win but that is only papering over the cracks.

1 Like

That team was a hotchpotch group of totally untried, untested second string mob with an U19 coach in charge, and we should have wiped the floor with them.
Granted we don’t have a great defence and are a bit lacking in forward options, but we are still strong in goal and heavily laden with midfield talent. Any manager with half a brain could get them performing. Instead, we’re served up with negative, gutless, boring dross.
Clarke’s displays are just like him, soulless and dull and entirely lacking in excitement of any kind.
We will never progress under that man. We will not qualify for anything in the near future, under him.
Clarke must go.

2 Likes

Too many players and ex players from a team that can’t get past the qualifying rounds in Europe, if not good enough at that level how can they be any good at international level?
Clarke was born to be an assistant.
Doogz

I have just discovered the cure for my insomnia; record Scotland games and play them back before I go to bed. Scotland under Clarke are dire. Is anyone surprised?

2 Likes

Not in the slightest. Kilmarnock in different shirts. Dung.

Weegie you could also sing the lullaby Rockabye Stevie to get you to sleep.

Rockabye Stevie your team is 5hite.
You pick the players your formations ain’t right.
And when you speak we fall fast asleep.
Rockabye Stevie it’s time to leave.
Bye Bye Stevie.

2 Likes

It’s easy to see places in the team are being made for Clarke’s alter boys!
In my opinion McTominay was to blame for both goals lost in the two games played he has not a clue of what is going on round about him.
Square pegs round holes.

1 Like