Rangers reportedly receive major SPFL boost amid worrying times

Originally published at: https://www.rangersnews.uk/club-news/rangers-reportedly-receive-major-spfl-boost-amid-worrying-times/

BBC Sport reports that Rangers and the other 41 clubs in the Scottish league pyramid have received a boost from the SPFL as the association has started sending advanced payments amid the uncertainty caused by the global pandemic. Professional and grassroots football has been suspended for almost two weeks and it’s been well publicised that…

I personally think that the SPFL are miserable sods and should be handing out more money.
You can correct me if I am wrong here.
The 12th club in the top division gets prize money for finishing 12th which is approximately £1m, so why not pay every club in the top 12 the minimum £1m, and future and final payments can be paid when the league and positions can be finalised to determine what extra payments each club have earned.
And of course should be applied to every other league, if the 4th tier bottom finish is £50,000 then pay all those clubs that amount, unless there is a clause somewhere stating otherwise, the SPFL are going to have to pay it any case, and it would help these smaller clubs enormously.

1 Like