Rangers linked with move for 20-year-old shotstopper - report

Originally published at: https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/rangers-linked-with-move-for-20-year-old-shotstopper-report/

Rangers have opened talks over the possibility of signing 20-year-old goalkeeper Djordje Petrovic from FC Cukaricki according to a report. According to FootMercato, Nice, Paris FC, Getafe, Anderlecht and KV Mechelen have all enquired about a move for the youngster but none have made any official offer so far. (Photo by TF-Images/Getty Images) The young…

Robbie McRorie must be wondering just what he’s done wrong. Goes on loan after loan, performing well at each progressively harder level. Then, we get rid of Alnwick and Fods, and the lad must be thinking to himself “this is my chance to be in every match day squad”, but no, we go and sign a 32 year old, and then allegedly chase another 20 year old.
Seeing the Bheasts win so many titles since admin in 2012 has been terrible, but hot on the heels of that has been our epic reluctance to actually use our superb youth system. Going down the leagues was a once in a lifetime chance to have a total sea change and revolutionise our entire ethos, and show faith in our youth and build a future which would/could have been incredible. We had the talent in the youth ranks back then too, and all we needed to win that first dropped title would have been a few older heads to supplement what we had. But no, instead McCoist filled the squad with journeymen and guff. Barely any young guys got a full season of football. And the rest is history. Like I said, pisses me off no end. Pisses me off now. I know this is our biggest season in a decade but surely to god we could just give a few of them more of a sniff. The two McCrories, Kelly, Kennedy and Paterson don’t have to play every week but don’t tell me they aren’t good backup or aren’t good enough to play in cup games or whatever.