Gerrard delivers Rangers injury update on four key first-teamers

Originally published at: https://www.rangersnews.uk/injury-news/gerrard-delivers-rangers-injury-update-on-four-key-first-teamers/

Steven Gerrard has provided updates on several injured Rangers stars, as quoted by the Glasgow Evening Times. The Gers boss will be a happy man heading into the international break, with his team top of the league, into the League Cup semi-final and mixing it in the Europa League group stages. It’s been a strong…

This is all excellent. One thing we’ve lacked in the past is strength in depth. People questioned the manager wanting so many players, but now we see why.

Greg Stewart has been a standout for me, I was not for him coming to the club, but I think he’s playing out of his skin at the moment.

1 Like

Agreed, the depth we have is great. I’m still baffled by a few signings though, but when you factor in all competitions and possible injuries we seem in a good spot.

2 Likes

Still a wee bit perplexed as to why we only have two strikers one gets bad injury or suspension we are short.

Yep, I too wasn’t sure on Stewart but think he has been excellent over the last fortnight. Brings something different, a touch of subtlety in the final third and clearly over the moon to be getting his chance. Won’t play every week, but could be important across the season.

As you say Iain, the recruitment is starting to make more sense as we go along.

1 Like