Exclusive: Smith assesses reported Rangers targets Hagi and Ferguson

Originally published at: https://www.rangersnews.uk/columnist/exclusive-smith-assesses-reported-rangers-targets-hagi-and-ferguson/

Gordon Smith says Ianis Hagi is a player full of potential who could blossom into a star if he signed a permanent deal at Rangers, while he thinks Lewis Ferguson would be a better fit at Ibrox than Lyndon Dykes. Amid the global health crisis, the exact parameters of the summer transfer window are as…

Ferguson is powerful, fearless and just what is needed in a Rangers player. He’d give you everything every time he plays. Hagi could be a real diamond. he’s skilful, can see the killer passes and can score too.

But…what about Ross McCrorie? I’d have him in my team and as Captain of Scotland Under 21’s,
we’d be mad to let him go. he’s versatile, can play holding midfield, central defence or right back. Can’t understand what he’s done wrong?

1 Like

Findlay I agree with you. The implication is they don’t rate him, but as they have not given him a run in any position it is hard to see why.
Like many others i would love to see him make it, in any position except GK which is his brother’s

Ferguson is a card magnet (9 Yellow cards 2019-20)…on a team who gets carded if they make the wrong face…Ferguson would see more yellow and red than an intersection.

Hagi is only as good as he is utilized. SG did not utilize Hagi appropriately much of the time. He was lined up on the right…Hagi in an attacking midfielder.