Europa League campaign

Got the result we all expected yesterday afternoon. It will be a lot tougher against Willem11. I really hope the team puts in another great away performance. Can you imagine the grief we will get from the other mob if we lose to a Dutch team named after a Prince of Orange? Anyway,looking forward to Sunday against Hibs. Should be a great game as they have been playing very well. Another victory and clean sheet would be immense,here’s hoping.WATP.

2 Likes

They’re a pretty good team, and we don’t have the chance to get them at home, it’s a single leg away tie. It’s going to be tough and we’ll need to be at our best.
Hivs will be a tough one. They’re in third, only beaten once in 7, so they’ll have their tails up.
Having said all that, I know that we’re the better team for both matches. Our defending has been terrific, and I count the whole team in that, because we defend from the front, shutting down fast and limiting the opposition high up the pitch. It’s great to see us fight so hard as a unit. We’ve also improved up front, getting goals from across what is effectively a front 4. Morelos, Roofe, Kent especially, Hagi all getting on the scoresheet and all playing well together, linking well and interchanging. We must be a proper bastard to play against when we’re on song.
It’s early yet and we mustn’t get carried away but the squad and the staff deserve all the praise going for what’s been an excellent start to the campaign.
WATP that’s for sure.

2 Likes

I wish wee could bang in the goals like that in the SPFL Davy.

Mind you we are a. lot better so far just now wi clean sheets.