Boyd advises Gerrard to sign 'big Rangers man' from Norwich City

Originally published at: https://www.rangersnews.uk/transfer-news/boyd-advises-gerrard-to-sign-big-rangers-man-from-norwich-city/

Writing in the Scottish Sun, Kris Boyd has urged Steven Gerrard to try to sign ‘big Rangers man’ Kenny McLean from Norwich City this summer. The exact parameters of the summer transfer window are as yet undetermined amid the global health crisis but after a dismal start to 2020 saw the Gers slip to 13…

Wages would be the biggest issue the obvious attraction would be European football it would depend on what his ambitions are

Cant see what McLean would add to the squad to be honest . Hes a tidy player but he doesn`t create massively , score a lot of goals or fly into tackles . I get a possible interest in Ferguson or Shinnie not because they are great players but they would give us a bit of real dig in midfield something we need to compete in this league .Great Rangers sides of the past have always had guys like Brown , Ferguson , Spackman , McCall and even Edu who will put a foot in or commit a professional foul when needed.We are too " nice" at the moment .

3 Likes

McLean not for me.
As for Shinnie and Ferguson they are absolute card magnet’s, if they played for Rangers they would pick up even more.
Cardinal Clancy and Holy Willie would have a field day.

DollyBraes , Shinnie & Ferguson can’t be any worse than Morelos for getting cards but are better than what we have as Davis can’t keep going for more than two years.

Am not looking for anymore midfielders. Hagi with Jack, Davis, Arfield, Aribo, Kamara (would sell him for £8m though), Docherty and McCrorie are enough for me at the moment. Tav could also play in midfield if we play 3 at the back as I am expecting Borna to go for a good price. I don’t also want any more loan signings. We should concentrate on more weaker areas. Allan McGregor is no doubt our best goalkeeper but his successor must be due. Goalkeeper McCrorie is probably at least another season away from starting, so we need a new goalkeeper. A couple of new strikers are essential with Alfredo probably sold and Jermain needing cover with its age. Keep believing. WATP.

1 Like

John absolutely, Ferguson and Shinnie can’t be any worse for cards than Morelos, that’s why we don’t need 3 sitting in the stand with bans, for the record John I don’t dislike the pair I am just pointing out the blatant obvious.

DollyBraes, I was assuming that Morelos was transferred and not in the count but seemingly he has changed his mind and wants to stay so yes I agree with you but I was wondering where Hagi was going to play as I don’t think the manager has any idea either, as having been a supporter since 1949 I feel we have never carried so much dead wood or buying for the sake of buying.

John I personally would play Hagi centre of midfield just off Morelos, as for buying for buying sake I think Mark Allen had a lot to do with that, and he has bit the dust.
I think more will be going out the door this year and Wilson, up until now is doing a good job.

1 Like

DollyBraes ,Thanks for your input hope you get to the games regular as I miss going to Ibrox now that I am not healthy enough to attend plus stay down in Northamptonshire .

All the best John, once a ger always a ger, take care.

McLean is a big Rangers man. played for us in youth. He has developed into a top performer and has played for Scotland and in Premiership with starts against the likes of Liverpool, he also started in three draws against Arsenal, Crystal Palace and Leicester and started in a win against Man City where he opened the scoring. A big strong two footed player who wins loads of fouls, he is in the peak of his career. We have lost Rossiter, Ojo and Halliday, Davis is getting old, Jack has been injury prone Docherty unreliable, Hastie unproven, Aribo inconsistent, Jones inconsistent and injury prone, etc etc. We need to stop 10 in a row so bringing in an international premiership player who loves Rangers is a no brainer, McLean would be perfect in Scottish league and Europe due to his vast experience. As for Shinnie and Ferguson just not in his league and how well did Aberdeen do in Europe yes a total failure and against Celtic last season they got beat three times 4 nil and twice 2-1. Also Ferguson was sent off against Celtic in semi final of Scottish cup and Shinnie played in three losing finals against Celtic why bring in players who are not any better than what we have, at least the players we have, have beaten the tic and McLean can compete at highest level. However only way we could afford him is if we move on Kamara for around 7 million if Morelos is sold we will need to focus on a replacement not a midfielder.