Alfredo Morelos deserves Player of the Year award

Originally published at: https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/alfredo-morelos-deserves-player-of-the-year-award/

Going by the season so far, Alfredo Morelos deserves to receive the Player of the Year award, The Rangers talisman isn’t just the best player at the club – he’s the best player in the country. The Colombian firebrand has been so good at Ibrox this season he’ll have Govan dancing the Cumbia if he…

Player of the season. Player of the decade. Best player since Laudrup and Gazza. Closest think we’ll ever get to Ronaldinho. If we can keep this team together and just add some top quality to our midfield, we’ll have a hell of a season next year. Anyone noticed that (barring that Killie match) our defence has been solid recently?

Without a doubt rossco best in the business by a mile hope we can keep him and build around him that’s 22.0r. 23 goals this season

1 Like

Preface: love Morelos and think he’s a great player.

That being said, I can’t see him getting POY having been cited for “violent conduct” and being banned several times. His performances have been great, but he’s too emotional and has cost the club a lot this year by not being available. He almost needs to help us win the cup or he’s cost us more than he’s helped with all his goals and individual performances. If Gerrard can get him to channel his aggressiveness, he would be unstoppable!

Totally agree Rob he needs to cool his temper and walk away but at his age it could be hard to do he can be top scorer think he has 28-29 the now by end of season hopefully 30+ and hopefully keep. Him there will be teams in the summer jumping for him but if the board stick to what they said no less than £20 million we will be doing ok but I personally would keep him NSE

He looks to be learning and has improved. He is also unfairly judged in my opinion. Compared to other incidents, he is no worse than anyone else, and I’d much rather our players play with emotion than without.

I also hope he stays, but I’ll understand if there’s an offer that can’t be refused. 20m at least!!!

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Totally agree mate. The longer he stays the better el. Buffalo will get I wouldn’t sell him prize asset keep the wee man till 2021 N.S.E.